Who doesn’t love FREE things? When it comes to running your business free things are good, especially if they are going to make your life a little easier. Starting and running a business is no easy task and can potentially take a lot of cash to start and keep running. In today’s economy we need all the help we can get. Here are a few things to help you manage your business and maybe just your life a little easier.
1. Docstoc.com–the premier online community to find and share professional documents. Docstoc provides the platform for users and businesses to upload and share their documents with all the world, and serves as a vast repository of documents in variety of categories including legal, business, financial, technology, educational, and creative. All documents on docstoc can be easily searched, previewed and downloaded for free. I found some great budgeting and forecasting documents on here and know you’ll find some document that’s helpful to you!
2. Zen Habits–I am a HUGE fan of Leo Babauta’s blog–he truly walks the zen walk and teaches us how we can do the same, both personally & professionally. Remember that killer postabout how to make Gmail your ultimate productivity center? Yup, that came from Zen Habits. I suggest you subscribe to Leo’s blog. You can thank me when you’ve reached entrepreneurial nirvana.
3. Picnik.com–Picnik makes your photos fabulous with easy to use yet powerful editing tools. Tweak to your heart’s content, then get creative with oodles of effects, fonts, shapes, and frames. It’s fast, easy, and fun. (Upgrade to a Picnik premium account for just $24.95 per year for even MORE amazing photo tweaking fun.
4. Jooners–An online planning tool for scheduling tasks and organizing groups, Jooners makes group coordination easier. When your committee members sign up for a task they see what others in the group have volunteered for and can add keep track of their tasks on the Jooners’ calendar. If you are the “task master” responsible for organizing your group, Jooners provides plenty of helpful templates to get you started assigning roles. (30 day free trial)
5. Skype–We all love something for nothing.With Skype’s free software that works seamlessly with your internet connection, you can chat away with free Skype-to-Skype calls and never worry about cost, time or distance. Share the love and get your friends to download Skype so you can talk, instant message (IM) or make video calls for nothing. The video calls are the coolest–you can see relatives that live far away or interview people for your business.
7. Seth Godin’s Blog–y’all know I adore Seth. There’s not a week that goes by that I don’t share his posts with you. Go straight to the purple cow’s mouth and subscribe to his blog for an insider’s look at the mind of a marketing magician.
8. PayPal–PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows members to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. You can save yourself a TON of money by using PayPal for payment on your ecommerce site/shopping cart instead of establishing a merchant account that’ll cost you hundreds per year.
9. Go To My PC–the fast, easy and secure way to access your PC from any Web browser in real time. Access files, programs, email and network. Increase your productivity and flexibility. Work on your office PC from home. Travel and use your PC remotely. Take your office with you wherever you go with Go To My PC. (30 day free trial and then rates start at $19.95/month)
10. Clicky–Clicky Web Analytics is simply the best way to monitor, analyze, and react to your blog or web site’s traffic in real time. I love Clicky–it totally appeals to the stats addict in me and the real time thing is sooo cool.
11. Alexa–Alexa’s Web site is built on the notion that timely and relevant information is essential to a vital web experience. Makes sense, especially if YOU have a website for people to experience. Read more about the awesome Alexa and why you should use it here.
12. Submit Your Site to Google–why wait for Google to crawl your website? Submit your URL to them and get it done faster.
13. FileZilla–FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface. It’s easy to use and is absolutely essential if you’re DIYing your blog or website. I make changes to my blog design all the time and do so using FileZilla.
14. Simple Mom–SimpleMom’s tagline is “Live simply, stay sane. Life hacks for home managers.” and that is right on. While I love all the information I find on SimpleMom, I especially love these FREE worksheets and downloads that will help any mom with almost every aspect of life.
15. Survey Gizmo–easy to use survey software that offers intuitive and fast survey design. All the features you need with more than 20 question types. Nothing to set-up, nothing to download, 100% web based. One click reporting, no contracts and support galore, Survey Gizmo is a MUST if you want to get to know your customers better so you can make your product or service better.
16. Alibaba.com–”the world’s largest B2B marketplace”, Alibaba is a global trade website that puts products, suppliers and buyers in touch with each other. If you make a product and need to find materials for it or manufacturers to produce it, Alibaba is the site for you. I found my Chinese manufacturer through Alibaba and had a fabulous experience from start to finish.
17. Gmail–Gmail is built on the idea that email can be more intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun. After all, Gmail has less spam, mobile access and lots of space, which means you’ll never have to delete another message. Read this post to find out more about Gmail and why you should use it.
18. You Send It–send, receive and track large & important files. I used to use You Send It all the time when I was working with a graphic designer to create packaging, brochures and logos-it’s so easy and safe to use.
20. Odiogo–give your text content voice…and legs! Odiogo’s media-shifting technology expands the reach of your content: It transforms news sites and blog posts into high fidelity, near human quality audio files ready to download and play anywhere, anytime, on any device. Save time and listen to your favorite blog posts OR give your own blog readers the opportunity to do so. Odiogo is oh so cool.
21. BillShrink.com–BillShrink is an independent service providing unbiased and personalized recommendations to save you money. Tell them a little bit about your bills, get money saving alternatives to match your needs and keep it up with savings alerts. Save hundreds on gas prices, cell phone plans, credit cards and more.
22. HARO’s Gift Bag List–sell a product that you’d love to get into celebrity gift bags without paying insane amounts of money? Then you MUST sign up for Peter Shankman’s latest brainchild.
Source of Article: http://www.themogulmom.com/2009/05/another-22-free-things-to-manage-your-business-your-life/